Sunday, February 19, 2012

Titanic - A Love Story


Titanic (1997), directed by James Cameron


Titanic has to be one of the greatest love stories ever put on screen. It’s romantic, inspiring, frightening and beautiful. I first saw the movie when I was 13 years old and I’ve loved it ever since.
Experiencing such a terrifying event and incorporating a forbidden and passionate romance between the two characters Rose and Jack, made the story absolutely spectacular. Oh and we can't forget the famous song, My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion. It ties the whole theme of the film together.

When you hear this particular song, whether it is on the radio or on your iPod, you can reminisce in the moments of love, self sacrifice and tragedy that encompasses the movie. My favourite part in the film, is when Jack and Rose are at the front of the Titanic, spreading their arms out to the sky. It shows the characters' innocence and absolute freedom. Call me a romantic, but the love theme for this movie is truly brilliant.

The actors Leonardo DiCaprio (Jack) and Kate Winslet (Rose) both play the part well and have good chemistry for the film. Not to mention the fact that both actors are two of my favourite.

So I also hear that Titanic is coming back to the big screen, in 3D! Is this the best idea?



Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On is a classic ... just listen and see it for yourself.





No comments:

Post a Comment