Friday, June 1, 2012

Where The Wild Things Are


Throughout my childhood, there were many books that my mother and father read to me that I loved so much: “The Proverbial Mouse”, “The Giving Tree”, “Arthur”, “Telephone Ted”… and then there were also books that I read myself (well, more liked look at the pictures while the teacher read them to me), from the bookshelves in the Kindergarten classroom. “Where The Wild Things are”; I smile every time I see this book, even when walking past book stores and old libraries today.

It is a book where imagination can come alive. It lets a child’s mind wander freely and lets them live in a world where ‘Wild Things’ roam.

I still love this book, even though I'm grown up! I mean come on; everyone had to have at least one or two childhood books that they just couldn’t put down. A Dr. Seuss book maybe?or a Robert Munch story?

Don’t you remember when your siblings and your friends wanted to read your books and you just refused to let go? Well that was me all the time, not just with “Where the Wild Things Are”, but also a book called “Kisses”.

Go back and find that childhood book and cherish it. Who knows, it might surprise you like it did the first time you sat down during story time and read it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment